If you’ve wound up here, let me start out by thanking you for your interest in using one of my images. I offer different types of licenses depending on how you intend to utilize my images. The rest of this page explains those distinctions but if you ever have questions, please get in touch.
You are free to use my images under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike
(CC BY-NC-SA) license. This license basically means that you may use my images in a non-commercial way so long as you include attribution to Peter Adams along with the image. If the usage is on-line, you must also include a link back to the original image page on this website.
Different people define non-commercial usage differently. Here are some examples of non-commercial usage that I think are acceptable:
- Use of the image in a blog post describing your recent vacation
- Use of the image in a school project
- Use of the image in your personal social media profile
All commercial usage of my images requires that you purchase a commercial license from me before you use the image. My license fees are based on a variety of factors such as the length, media, size/prominence, and territory of usage. To obtain a commercial license please contact me with your intended use of the image.
For the avoidance of doubt, the following uses would require a commercial license:
- Inclusion in an article/editorial which is supported by advertising of any kind
- Inclusion in a blog, collateral, or marketing campaign for a commercial entity
- Inclusion in a fund-raising campaign for a not-for profit entity
- A background image for a website/blog relating to your business
- An individual print for use in a private home or business
- Inclusion in an album cover for your band
If you ever have questions about whether or not an intended usage is commercial or not, please get in touch before you use the image.